Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Who's Your Daddy?

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 4:19

I love how it's personal. It's not the "God of the universe." It's not the "Great & Powerful God" (said in a booming voice, like the great and powerful Oz). It's my God, my Best Friend, my Daddy, my Go-To Guy. It's personal and I love it. I'm not asking or begging or hoping that someone else's God will take care of me. I have a relationship with Him, so He's my God. Having that relationship builds confidence. It's a knowing. I know that He hasn't let me down and because He's the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, I can assure you with confidence that He won't let you down, either. And so, with confidence, I can say that my God will meet all your needs, too. And not only am I confident that He will do it, I can even tell you how: according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. You can't get that from someone you don't know. That kind of trust and confidence comes from being tried and tested and continuously coming through. It comes from having a relationship. He's my God, my Best Friend, my Daddy, my Provider. He wants to be the same and have the same relationship with you. I've got just one question for you: who meets all of your needs?

No comments:

Post a Comment