Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Trust

But you, LORD, do not be far from me. You are my strength; come quickly to help me. ~ Psalm 22:19 NIV

We’ve had more than enough stress to go around. Not just with the move, the anxiety it put on us or our girls, starting over, trying to build new friendships, etc. The latest, is that God called me to trust Him. The irony is that I thought I had been. After all, we did move 1500 miles from home, friends, and community, because He said to. But this challenge was a test of trust and heart—would I law down my desires, my dreams of being a stay-at-home mom and go back to work, as God was saying?

At first, through tears, I said, “Yes, Lord.” And I prepared my resume and began my search. I even scored two interviews. But then I sat down and “counted the cost” of childcare. How much would I have to make to off-set that cost? Brad finally got a job, but it’s not enough to cover all of our bills. As the numbers and questions kept swirling, swirling in my brain, I became overwhelmed, frustrated, heavy-hearted, and plain old mad at God. I demanded an explanation. “Why?! Why did You make us leave everything just to send me back to work? Why?!”

But God.

But negates the former. God is the Creator; He is the beginning and the ending. Out of His love for me, He sent a friend to speak to me. She said, “If I can trust Jesus with my Salvation, surely I can trust Him with my life.” Her words ran around and around in my heart and mind.

Regardless of the circumstances, the budget, and the questions, it boils down to trust. Do I trust God with my life? Or, am I going to hold my and my family’s lives, health, protection, care, and security in my own, very small, hands?

Father, forgive me for thinking I know better than You what’s best for my life and my family. Holy Spirit, remind me of times He helped us in the past and help me to trust Him now and in the future. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.

©Heather Potts 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment