Tuesday, May 15, 2018

More


So Will I ~ Hillsong

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts. ~ Isaiah 55:7-8 NKJV 

What is it You want to be for me in this situation that You couldn't be at any other time? ~ Graham Cooke

Things have been crazy since moving here. Although we didn't get any of the things we were hoping for and have had to put on hold some of our dreams and desires, God filled in the gaps with friends and family to walk with us.

Still, these last two + months have been particularly hard. The temp job Brad had ended early for reasons outside of our control. As this stretch of unemployment gets longer, the weight feels heavier and hope seems farther away. Additionally, Savannah’s heart popping, though not serious, has increased in intensity, scaring her. And our only car has been acting up, worrying us that it might die or cost more than we have to fix it. Originally we planned on taking care of it with our tax return, but have since had to use our tax return to supplement our income.

But things change when God speaks. On April 24, I was listening to Graham Cooke, while driving to work. He said to ask God that question. Sitting in the parking lot at work, I prayed and asked God the question. I was prepared to wait days or weeks for an answer. I got out of my car, entered the building, turned down the hallway, and God said, "I AM the Lord Who Provides."

That day I had peace. The next day, my boss/team gave me a $50 gift card for Administrative Assistant's day. That evening, after our life group, one of the guys in our group was able to fix our car for FREE! That Friday, Savannah got adjusted at the chiropractor. She went more than a week without complaining of heart popping. And God has moved in many other ways, too.

Even though Brad still hasn’t found a job, what I realized is that God did answer my prayer, just not how I expected. We've been praying for Brad to get a job because it fills our need for provision. But instead of asking God for His desired way to meet my need, I only asked Him for mine. I love how God not only knows more, but can both humble and quiet me in a breath. And though we are still asking God to provide the work that will fulfill Brad and cover our needs, there’s a peace in the waiting when He whispers, “I AM the Lord Who provides.”

Whatever you are going through and facing today, don't forget that God sees and knows more. I both encourage and challenge you to ask God, "What is it You want to be for me in this situation that You couldn't be at any other time".
©Heather Potts 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment