Thursday, September 30, 2010

Love

Love...is not self-seeking...keeps no records of wrongs...It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. ~ 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

This verse says that it's not about me and what I can (or should) receive, but what I can give. And so I write this as a wife to my husband, in hopes that all spouses will seek to give this perfect Love.

Not Self-Seeking: Lord, teach me to put my husband's needs first in line. Help me to remember that I have been called to serve my husband, to respect him, and to honor him. Help me to learn about his needs, his dreams, his desires and to seek to help him fulfill those.

No Records of Wrongs: Lord, help me to view my husband through today's eyes. Help me to put the things of the past in the past. Help me not to jump to the conclusion that his actions are based on anything but the man he is today. And Lord, if I do keep any records, let them be only of his accomplishments and growth.

Always Protects: Lord, it is my honor to cover my husband in prayer for protection, and to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit, so that I may give my husband wise counsel in all things. Lord, help me to always protect my husband.

Always Trusts: Lord, help me to make my decisions and my conclusions out of trust and truth and not out of fear. Help me to listen to the voice of Truth--the voice of the Holy Spirit.

Always Hopes: Lord, help me to remember that there is always hope--no matter what, there is always hope. As Your Word says, "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen," (Hebrews 11:1). Because hope turns into faith and faith into actions, let there always be hope.

Always Perseveres: Father, they say when the going gets tough, the tough get going--they persevere. Help me to persevere in all areas, not just a few. "Consider it pure joy, my [sisters] when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything," (James 1:2-4).

Lord, help me to love like that! Love never fails. ~ 1 Corinthians 13:8

No comments:

Post a Comment