Saturday, October 23, 2010

Cement

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. ~ Romans 10:17

When you hear a word or promise or truth from God what do you do next? That next step can make all the difference in the world. The Bible tells us that if "you confess with your mouth...and believe in your heart..." it will be cemented as truth in your life, (see Romans 10:9-10). The word "confession" means to declare it and when we declare it, we own it (dictionary.com). This is why it is so important to confess, or to speak, only that which is God's Truth and will for your life. If we start to confess or speak lies, then we will begin to own them and they will become our reality.

Confession is much like using cement. Now, the dictionary says that cement is "used as a building material...used especially...for making things adhere...[to] bind or unite." So, if what I speak out of my mouth is going to bind itself to me, I should probably think before I speak. When you hear or read about God's truth or God's will for your life, speak those things out of your mouth--confess them--and they will become united with you. The flip side, however, means that when you hear a lie, don't speak it out of your mouth so that it won't become bonded or united with you.

Consider this: cement is "used as a building material," (dictionary.com). If confessing is like using cement, then what you speak out of your mouth is going to build physical results into your life. For example, you can determine the condition of your mind through what you speak: "I have the mind of Christ," (1 Corinthians 2:16); "No weapon formed against me shall prosper," (Isaiah 54:17); "I am more than a conqueror" (Romans 8:37); "I am the head and not the tail, above and not beneath," (Deuteronomy 28:13); "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength," (Philippians 4:13). When you speak out these truths over your life, then you start to hear them, and then you start to believe them, and then you start to act on them. That is why the Bible says, "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." When you speak, you build up your faith--the things you know and believe in. When you speak, you begin to listen to (or to hear) what you are saying. When you start to hear it, then you start to believe it. Once you get one truth down, the next truth becomes easier to believe, and to believe for your own life.

So ask yourself, "What things am I cementing into my life?" The answer will change your world!

No comments:

Post a Comment