Thursday, November 4, 2010

God's Masterpiece

Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe;
My sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.
Oh praise the One who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead!

Jesus paid it all! All to Him I owe... Not because He demands it as rent or anything. I owe it because after He paid it all, after He set me free--and not just a little free, but completely free--how could I not want to give Him my all, everything that's in me? He died for me and with everything that's in me, I will live for Him! And when I live for Him with everything, the Bible says I am "a letter from Christ...written..with the Spirit of the Living God...on the tablets of human hearts," (2 Corinthians 3:3). Ephesians 2:10 says that I am God's workmanship. The Greek word for workmanship is poema, which is where our word "poem" comes from. I am God's poem. I am God's work of art. I am God's masterpiece.

Oh praise the One who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead. Jesus!

Thank you, Lord for paying it all, without hesitation or reservation. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to love you and to be your love letter to the world. I love you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment