Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Exalt the Lord

With my mouth I will greatly extol the Lord; in the great throng , I will praise him. ~ Psalm 109:30

Both extol and exalt mean to greatly or highly praise the Lord, as if to bring your praise to a higher level than ever before. And why wouldn't we praise Him? He has given us breath and life and joy and peace and friends and comfort and jobs and homes and list goes on and on and on. But even if He did nothing more than become our Savior and friend, that alone would be worth our greatest praise. The psalms are full of joy and despair, but through it all, praise is given to God. In life we have two choices when the storms come to beat against our life: keep God as our shelter and ally or push Him away as our enemy. I encourage you to keep Him as your ally, friend and protector. No matter what, praise Him anyway, for if He did nothing more than all that He has already done, that alone would be worthy of our praise forever.

I will exalt You...You are my God. My hiding place, my safe refuge, my shelter Lord, you are. My friend and King, anointed one, Most Holy. ~ Hillsong "I Will Exalt You"

No comments:

Post a Comment