Monday, April 15, 2013

He is my Shield


Who is this King of glory? ~ Psalm 24:8

Who is this King we are to revere?  What has He done for us?

In Genesis 15:1, God said, “Do not fear...I am your shield…”  What is a “shield”?  God said, “I am your defense, your defender, your protector.  I will cover over you and keep you safe.”  When a soldier goes into battle he needs to protect his body from attacks from his enemy.  God said that He will defend us.

So when we are facing financial battles, hardships, emotional struggles, painful physical toils, and trials of every kind, we will know who is this King of glory and we will say, “He’s everything to me.”  Thank you, Father God, for financial provision, for comfort, for peace, and for surrounding us with your love.  Thank you that to the right and to the left, behind and before, and everywhere I go, you are there.  Thank you that during these hard times, I can call out to you and know that I am not alone, because the King of glory is ever by my side.

Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle…Who is he, this King of glory? The Lord Almighty— he is the King of glory. ~ Psalm 24:8, 10

No comments:

Post a Comment