Thursday, November 8, 2018

I Know


You Know Me ~ Steffany Frizzell

You have searched me, LORD, and you know me. ~ Psalm 139:1 NIV

This morning, Brad told me that his grandma had 6 months left, and when she passes, his mom wants to fly us to Florida for the funeral. Immediately, I began to plan: Will we bring the kids, who will watch them, etc. I even reached out to one of our closest friends and asked if they’d consider watching the girls, if we decided to bring them. And then I went to work.

The day progressed, as normal. Toward the end of the day, I received a text from my friend about watching our girls. She said they’d do whatever they could because, “you guys will always be family.” Her text totally wrecked me. I thought I was OK…but I wasn’t. I managed to hold it together till I got off work. But when I got in my car, God whispered, I know, and I just cried!

I know.
I’ve been told that I’m quick to show compassion to others, but slow to give it to the family.
I know.
I realized it’s because I can’t control others. I can’t do much to help them fix the situation. But at home, I can do something. I can plan and make it work, because I know how. I, Heather Potts, I know. I know!
I know. I know you. I know you’ve tried to control things, too many things. But I also know you need to let go and trust that I KNOW. I know the plans that I have for you.

God said it was time for me to trust Him and that He knows how to make things work out for my good. If you’ve felt like me, like you had to know how it would all work out or needed something to control because your life has felt out of control, maybe it’s time for you, too, to let go, and trust that He knows. Not just the situation and outcome, but He knows you: the one He knit together in your mother’s womb; the one whose thoughts He’s tested and heart He’s searched; the one He’s inscribed in the palms of His hands.

He’s asking us to let go and trust that He knows.
©Heather Potts 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment