Thursday, February 27, 2020

When Plans Change


Walking Like Giants ~ Stars Go Dim

I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains? No, my strength comes from God, who made heaven, and earth, and mountains. ~ Psalm 121:1-2 MSG

Did you ever expect plans to work one way, and ended up surprised when God took you in another direction?

In February 2006, I really started growing in my faith in Jesus. The more I leaned in, the more He revealed to me. One day, I confessed my dream of wanting to be a writer. God told me that I needed to get baptized, first. In October 2006, I was baptized in the Gulf of Mexico.

Looking back, I laugh at how silly I was: I expected that the very next day, I'd be handed a writing position or something similar. It wasn't the next day, and it wasn't a writing position. Five months later, I started working in at a large newspaper, as an Advertising Assistant. In 2008, God told me to start a Bible Study at work. I reminded God that it was a newspaper and they didn't like Him there. He said, "I know. Do it anyway." It was a small group, but we always looked forward to it. Then something wonderful happened: God started depositing seeds in my heart, words to share with the group throughout the week. I began writing, sending encouraging emails that were inspired by God. He kept His word. It wasn't in my timing and it didn't look the way I thought it would, but my dream was all about me and His plan included me.

If there's a dream or passion you're aiming for, don't give up—not on the dream or on God. He's got big plans and they include you. They may take longer than you'd like and may take you places you never expected you'd go, but say, "Yes!" to Jesus and He'll keep His promises to you. He's faithful to His Word!
©Heather Potts 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment