Thursday, June 11, 2020

HIS Side


I Won’t Let You Go ~ Switchfoot featuring Lauren Daigle

The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. ~ Psalm 23:1 NIV

Last night, I dreamt I tried to call some friends, but used a payphone instead of my cell. With each misdial and failed attempt, I grew angrier. When I finally reached them, they asked how I was doing. I said I was overwhelmed but given some time in worship and in God’s presence, I’d have a whole new perspective.

The world is full of distractions and the devil loves to use each one to draw us further away from intimacy with God. Just as he did with Eve in Genesis 3, the devil plants seeds of doubt in our minds telling us that God is holding out on us and He cannot be trusted. Doubting God’s faithfulness is the root of fear and anxiety. The more fearful and anxious we are, the more we find ourselves grasping for facts that aren’t typically Truths.

Fact: Protests and mayhem are happening in several cities across the country.
TRUTH: You have been a shelter for me, a strong tower from the enemy…I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. ~ Psalm 61:3-4 NKJV

Fact: There’s been talk, in some cities, of dismantling local law enforcement.
TRUTH: …Who brings out their host by number; He calls them all by name, by the greatness of His might and the strength of His power; Not one is missing… The everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. ~ Isaiah 40:26-29 NKJV

Regardless of what’s going on in the world, we can get overwhelmed, scared, and anxious if we focus on it too long. But when we draw away with Father God for a while, we get a whole new perspective on things. It doesn’t make the bad things better, but allows us the opportunity to rest in Him, as we allow Him to draw us to His side.
©Heather Potts 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment