Sunday, April 18, 2021

Be Still

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HznXBBCdBE

Into the Sea (It’s Gonna be OK) ~ Tasha Layton

Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!

~ Psalm 46:10 NKJV

I got halfway through writing this piece, as prompted by Holy Spirit, and realized I hadn’t yet laid the groundwork for the most important part of this verse. “Be still” is the command given by God to “leave off” or “desert” our plans. We are to do so in light who He is because He is God. But what does that mean?

I did a devotional time with my girls, yesterday, and asked them that question: Who is God? Here’s the list they came up with:

·         Our Creator

·         Our Friend

·         Our Powerful Defender

·         Our Love

·         Our Daddy (I smiled at this one)

·         Our Shield and Very Great Reward

·         Our Wise God

·         All Knowing

·         All Powerful

It’s hard to walk away from something, especially when we think we’re right in our decision or when it’s something we really want. But when we know and trust the One who’s asked us to go another route, is there really any other choice?

Lord, when what I think and what I want don’t go with what You ask of me, help me to be still and know that You are God.

©Heather Potts 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment