Friday, September 24, 2021

Your Shade

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_gCSJI6DKM

Jireh ~ Elevation Worship and Maverick City


The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade … Psalm 121:5 AMPC


We loved playing hide-and-seek as children. My grandparents had the best house for it: they had tall bushes and trees near the front of the house and a way to hide under the front porch. It didn’t take me long to figure out that the closer I got to the house, under the porch, the more hidden I was in the deeper shadows. Of course, that meant I had to get over my fear of whatever else might also be under the porch. We don’t often associate shadows with God, but Psalm 31:20 says, “In the cover of your presence you hide [those who take refuge in you],” (ESV).


Psalm 121:5 says the Lord is our shade. As a shade, He is always near, never further away than your shadow. He provides protection, both from the toils of the day and from enemies. And as your shade, the Lord gives you refreshment: The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail, (Isaiah 58:11 NIV).


I hope that today, your life is as light and easy as a child at play. However, on both light days and on darker, harder days, remember the child playing hide-and-seek, who discovered the secret, hidden place:


Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. ~ Psalm 91:1-6 NIV


©Heather Potts 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment