Wednesday, November 9, 2022

For You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAIdo707Sac&list=RDHAIdo707Sac&start_radio=1

Freedom Reigns ~ Jesus Culture

 

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

2 Corinthians 3:17 ESV

 

What did Jesus die for, for you?

 

You may say, "My salvation, of course." And that's true, He did, but He came for so much more. He came that you might have life and have it to the fullest. He came to break chains. He came to set captive free. He came to give sight to the blind. He came to overcome the world.

 

My mom and I attended women's event on Friday night. The keynote speaker was discussing the woman at the well and the shame she cared about her. Now, not everyone has known shame the way the woman did. My story certainly isn't hers. But that doesn't mean that the devil hasn't worked hard to put his shame on me. Just as I'm certain he has worked hard to put his shame on you. Perhaps you're still walking around wearing shame like a cloak.

 

The thing about wearing a cloak is that it feels so heavy when you're wearing it. It might be easily put on, but it's not easy to wear, nor does it feel easy to remove. Shame isn't meant to define your actions, but rather your identity. It says, "Who you are it's bad."

 

I think I will always ruin for the day that Jesus spoke to me about the cloak of shame I had to allow the devil to put on me. Gently, He approached me, and softly He whispered, "But I died for that, so you don't have to wear a shame like a cloak, anymore."

 

There's freedom in Jesus. He came to give us freedom! From our sins, from our past, from our future, from shame, from addictions, from defeat, from death, from spiritual blindness, and from the devil's hold on us. He came to give us freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17 says, "Now the Lord is the spirit, and where the spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." Make the choice, today, and cast off that cloak of shame. Walk boldly in the freedom that the Lord has given to you!

 

What did Jesus die for, for you?

©Heather Potts 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment