Wednesday, June 26, 2024

ALL Y'ALL

 Joy of the Lord ~ Rend Collective

 

Our mouths were filled with laughter,
    our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations,
    “The Lord has done great things for them.”

~ Psalm 126:2 NIV

 

Do you ever think that sometimes Jesus tickles us, just to enjoy the sound of our laughter?

 

Our family devotional, yesterday, was on James 1:2, to count it all joy when we’re enduring trials. The devotional made the distinction between happiness (based on circumstances), and joy. Because joy is a fruit of the Spirit, it’s a gift from Holy Spirit that’s available to all believers, all the time.

 

Yesterday, I said that our family is walking through fire. Some days haven’t been happy. Several moments have been frustrating and overwhelming. But I asked the Lord to help me keep my eyes on Jesus, so that I can serve my family with love, compassion, and joy. Not only has the Lord been faithful, but there have been times when He tickles me, just to enjoy the sound of my laughter.

 

Yesterday, God had me giggling, and just about out-right laughing! After living in Florida for almost two decades, y’all flows out of my mouth just as easily as bubbler. In our Bible study yesterday, Jen Wilkin shared that when Jesus said, “You are the salt of the earth,” He meant a collective you: y’all. That’s when I started giggling. Each time she said, “y’all”, I giggled more. The best part was when she emphasized that “you” meant all believers and was really “all y’all”. I could barely contain myself. It was great!

 

In Matthew 7:9-11, Jesus said that if your son asks for bread, you won’t give him a stone, instead. “If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!” Regardless of the events that happen today, remember we have a good Father in heaven who loves us, always walks with us, and sometimes tickles us, just so He can enjoy the sound of our laughter.

©Heather Potts 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment