Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Even There, Even Then

 Where Can I Go (Psalm 139) ~ Ellie Holcomb

even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.

~ Psalm 139:10 NIV

 

Our devotional from Friday morning noted Psalm 139:10. To aid in understanding, the girls and I read the whole chapter. I thought the devotional was a good read, but I didn’t think much more about it until that night. The plan was for the four of us to go camping this past weekend, but this fire that we’re in caused our plans to change. At 8:30pm, I had to drive Brad home in a rainstorm, on dark roads, with a foggy windshield. Though we are walking through fire, Friday night felt more like passing through the waters.

 

Life can feel overwhelming, dark, and scary at times. Even then, the Lord will be with you. Even there, He will be your guide. As David said to the Lord, “even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you,” (v. 12).

 

Even if you can’t see the road, or the next step.

Even there, the Lord will light the way.

Even when it feels hopeless, and the fire and waters appear unrelenting.

Even then, the Lord will rejoice over you with singing.

Even when you’ve reached the end of your rope and you can’t seem to find your way back to His peace and joy, again.

Even there, the Lord will be with you; He will hold you, even carry you.

 

Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you.

~ Psalm 139:7-12 NI

 

Even when the devil attacks.

Even when fear and hopelessness are biting at your heels.

Even when plans change.

Even when you don’t know what to do.

Even there.

Even then.

And always.

The Lord will be with you.

©Heather Potts 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment