Friday, February 11, 2011

Truth

What do you know that you know that you know?

The word "know" has many uses. For example, I can know somebody intimately, or I can know an acquaintance, or I can know of somebody. So if I can know somebody on many different levels, is the same true for Truth? Unfortunately, yes. The Bible says that knowing the truth will give you freedom and power. Jesus, Himself, said, "If you hold to my teachings...Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free," (John 8:31-32). When the Jews heard this, they questioned Jesus asking how they could be set free since they had never been slaves. “Jesus replied, ‘I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin,’” (John 8:34). But there is hope and joy for those of us who are in Christ Jesus and know the truth about His redemptive blood. The truth is, “There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death,” (Romans 8:1-2). You see, there is Truth in laws, as well, and even if we don’t know them, they still affect us.

Take the law of gravity, for example. Gravity is the force that causes two objects to pull toward each other and the force is determined by the amount of mass. Now I may not always have a handle upon that definition, but that doesn’t mean I don’t fall subject to the Truth of that law. In other words, if I step off a step stool, the earth’s gravitational pull will still pull me down, even if I don’t know what it is that’s pulling me down. But, if I take the time to understand this truth and walk in the knowledge and full understanding of it, it will keep me from harm.


The same is true about the Truths in God's Word. He put them in there so that we could live life to the fullest and not keep bumping into or tripping over things because we don't understand how things work. God put all of His Truths into His Word. He has them in there for you to seek out. And as you seek Him out and seek to understand His Truths, He will give you revelation. And when you have revelation about a matter and you hold on to it, that's when it becomes something that you know that you know that you know. So what do you know that you know that you know?


It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings. ~ Proverbs 25:2

No comments:

Post a Comment