Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Revealed

Matthew 13:11-12 "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance.

"As long as information remains a secret, hidden in obscurity, no one can prosper from it, no matter how powerful the secret or how might the person. But that person to whom it is made known, no matter who, will have access to abundance;" (Commanding Your Morning, Cindy Trimm, 11). So the question is what secret has been revealed? What truth has been made known? What do you know that you know that you know? For me, this is more than just a question, but a statement of my journey, a part of my reality.

In late spring of 2006, I went through a period in my life where I didn't know anything. Looking back on it, the time period was only two months at the most, but at the time, it seemed like an eternity. I didn't know up from down; I didn't know God loved me; I just didn't know anything. It was in that time of struggling, that I wanted to know--needed to know--something, anything. I needed to have a "know that you know that you know" kind of feeling. One of my friends spoke to me and she said, "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God," (Romans 10:17). She gave me several scriptures on construction paper that I hung on my bathroom mirror, so that I could see them all the time and speak God's word over me. She said the more I heard it, the more I would believe it and take it in the truth. She also said that I had a choice to make: I had to choose to believe (or not believe) the Truth. She said the choice was mine and I had to make it. So I kept seeking God and speaking His word over my life and one night, I had a know that you know that you know experience. God revealed a truth, a promise, to me through His Word. Psalm 23:3 says, "He restores my soul." That was my promise, and I claimed it, that God would restore my mind and my soul and pull me out of the darkness. And let me assure you He didn't fail and He didn't break His promise. We can trust God's Word and His Truths when He reveals them to us.

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. ~ Jeremiah 33:3

No comments:

Post a Comment