Monday, October 8, 2012

Relentless Pursuit


I recently overheard a friend of mine in a conversation with another person.  My friend is someone I trust and respect and so his words surprised me.  He was trying to encourage another person to know they were special and that people cared about them.  In trying to convince this other person, my friend said, “They could have easily abandoned me because of my actions.  But instead they’re practically beating down my door to let me know they still care, that I still matter, and that they love me.”  I was so taken by what my friend said.  He was relentlessly pursued by people who refused to let him slip through the cracks.  It reminded me of how God pursues us, with that same relentless pursuit.  To God, it doesn’t matter how long we’ve been gone, or even what we’ve done.  As soon as we turn toward Him, He runs to embrace us.

Thank you, Father, for all of those who have been Jesus to my friend, who tirelessly called, encouraged, and loved him.  Thank you Lord, that that is how you love each one of your children.  Most of all, thank you that this is how you love me.  Father, I pray that I will show this same kind of relentless pursuit to another so that they will know they haven’t been abandoned and are completely loved by You.  In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.

But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him. ~ Luke 15:20

No comments:

Post a Comment