Wednesday, October 10, 2012

First Impressions


Lord, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O Lord. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known ~ Habakkuk 3:2

I heard my husband tell his mother that he and I are not like some people they know.  The people he was referring to are Christians, but had put a bad taste in the family’s mouth.  The unfortunate result being that my husband’s family assumed all Christians were like that and if that was the case, they wanted nothing to do with any Christians.

First impressions can have lasting results.  With this in mind, it’s more important for me to be genuine with others.  We are living in a broken world.  Habakkuk 3:2 calls for miracles and the hand of God to move in our lives.  If we are not the hands, feet, and love of Christ, how will people ever know He is real or really cares for them?  A thought to ponder: When people see me do they see Jesus and would they want to meet Him after interacting with me?

Lord, I pray that I would be an expression of your love in others’ lives.  Help me to be a breath of fresh air and carry the aroma of Christ with me.  In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.

But thanks be to God, who…through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. ~ 2 Corinthians 2:14

No comments:

Post a Comment