Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Sovereign Lord is My Strength

The Sovereign Lord is my strength ~ Habakkuk 3:19

I read a devotional yesterday that said having children transforms you into someone you never would have become without them. Several years ago, when people would ask me why I didn't have kids, I would tell them because I was selfish and if I had kids I would have to change.  And today, I realize how true that statement really is.  But the blessing of Savannah is not about the sacrifices that Brad and I are making.  The blessing is in the character-building and strength-training we are receiving, as well as the joy of having her in our lives.

No one could have prepared us for how the first three months have gone.  In fact, had they told us, we might not have begun this journey.  But here we are.  Our little Savannah is 3 months old.  She's healthy and happy and we are better--our marriage is better--today than even on the day she was born.  And why, because the Lord has us on this journey.  On day 1 of any exercise program, the task of getting into shape or losing weight seems daunting.  But day 93 doesn't look near as scary as day 1.  That's where we are: day 93.  Our little girl is 93 days old or 13 weeks or 3 months.  Her life has just begun and there are many more challenges to come, but because the Lord is our strength, we will get through the next 100 years, just like we've gotten through the past 93 days: relying on the Lord as our strength.

The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights. ~ Habakkuk 3:19

No comments:

Post a Comment