Thursday, October 26, 2017

Not One

Blessed be God, who has given peace to his people Israel just as he said he’d do. Not one of all those good and wonderful words that he spoke through Moses has misfired. May God, our very own God, continue to be with us just as he was with our ancestors—may he never give up and walk out on us. May he keep us centered and devoted to him, following the life path he has cleared, watching the signposts, walking at the pace and rhythms he laid down for our ancestors. ~ 1 Kings 8:56-58 MSG

I love that when I’ve come to the end of what I know, there is God, and entering His presence through worship always opens my eyes. Last night, as I was worshiping, I felt Holy Spirit highlight, “I am defined by all His promises / Shaped by every word He says,” from I Am No Victim by Kristene DiMarco. Thinking of God’s promises, I was reminded of a time we sought counsel from some of our leaders who recounted their own story of hardship. The husband said he sat in his chair and confessed God’s promises, to spite the devil, knowing that God would stand by His promises. And had since come through on many of those promises. Then I went to my list of confessions and found the promises God spoke to me:
God did not give me a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but [He has given me a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline [abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control], (2 Timothy 1:7)

My Father in Heaven disciplines me by teaching me His Word. This gives me the power to keep myself calm in the face of temptation and of adversity, (2 Timothy 3:16)

I am strong in the Lord [and will draw my strength from Him and be empowered through my union with Him] and in the power of His [boundless] might (Ephesians 6:10)

I hold the 5-fold nature of the Holy Spirit: gentle and quiet, purity, positive attitude, patient, and gracious, (1 Peter 3:2, 4; 1 Tim 4:12)

I am the guardian of our home, creating a safe, healthy, joyful, and creative environment for my family to grow and love and learn (Titus 2:4; Proverbs 31)

As we teach our children about Father God and His Word, it will stimulate, penetrate, teach and be impressed diligently upon their hearts and minds, (Deuteronomy 6:7)

No matter what the circumstance I have the mind of Christ and operate in His wisdom and ability (1 Corinthians 2:16)

Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, (Hebrews 12:1-2)

If you’re struggling with or in need of something today, run to your Father and ask Him what His promises are for you. Rest assured that not one has failed.

©Heather Potts 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment