Saturday, October 14, 2017

Concealed

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter,
But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.
~ Proverbs 25:2 NKJV

When I worked for the newspaper, my boss sent me to an Excel class because she needed me to learn pivot tables. When the teacher asked us what we wanted to learn, he seemed annoyed with my “pivot tables” answer and said the correct answer was to learn what we didn’t know.

A lot of things feel hard right now: after so many interviews (that I’ve lost count), Brad still only has a part-time, temporary job; Savannah is struggling (again); tensions are high; we’re trying to make friends, lay down roots, and figure out where we fit and why we’re here. I was expressing my frustrations to one of my friends and she said, “Sometimes we just go through crappy seasons. I just hope we don’t run out of toilet paper.” Though the TP may run out, God’s grace never will.

Standing in His grace-covering, we’ve decided to take a stand and make a change. We’re asking for help. We’re seeking wise, godly counsel, just as God says to do:

If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking, (James 1:5 NLT)

Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known, (Jeremiah 33:3 ESV)

And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the LORD… (Jeremiah 29:13-14 NKJV)

The enemy lies and says that we’re weak when we cannot stand on our own. But God says, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding…Be not wise in your own eyes,” (Proverbs 3:5, 7 ESV). The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Instead of living in the craziness—in insanity—we’re going to walk in wisdom, honor, and glory, as we seek out the hidden, concealed, and unsearchable things.

If you’re going through a “crappy season,” don’t wait for the TP to run out; make a change. Determine to humble yourself before Father God and ask Him to lead, guide, and direct you in His infinite wisdom. And keep seeking until He reveals the hidden things to you.

©Heather Potts 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment