Thursday, July 26, 2018

Not Knowing


Here as in Heaven ~ Elevation Worship

And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. ~ Acts 20:22 NIV

One Sunday morning, in January 2006, I was compelled to find my friend Nichole. She went to some church called Bayside. I didn’t know what I would encounter when I arrived at her church, but I went. I found my friend, but also healing, fulfillment, and many friendships that would shape our family.

In 2010, God called us to join a team preparing to launch Bayside’s first satellite campus. At first, I didn’t want to go. I had found my niche and didn’t think I needed anything else. But then God’s Spirit touched our hearts, and we went.

Then in 2015, as Bayside was preparing to launch its fifth satellite campus, Brad asked us to pray about going. I didn’t want to pray, because I didn’t want God to move me. We’d established deep relationships, our girls had the perfect pastor, and I felt like this was where we belonged. But Holy Spirit touched me, and we went.

And in 2017, God told us to pack and prepare. We did, not knowing where we were going, until God spoke to Brad and said we were Wisconsin-bound. I didn’t want to go. This was our home, the one God had established for us. But Holy Spirit touched us, and we went, not knowing what would happen to us there. We rolled into town extremely late on July 24, 2017. The year has been filled with many hardships. But also love. God established and re-established many relationships, people with whom we’d walk through each other’s joyous and hard times. Then exactly one year after we arrived in town, my Grandpa Hayes passed away. But he left behind him a legacy of love, prayer, and faithfulness to God and his family.

I don’t know what the next year or years will hold for us. But compelled by the Spirit, we will go and do as God directs in love, prayer, and faithfulness to God and our family.
©Heather Potts 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment