Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Good


King of My Heart ~ Steffany Gretzinger & Jeremy Riddle

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. ~ Romans 8:28 KJV

The enemy will use anything to crush us physically, mentally, and emotionally. For the past 2 ½ months, it’s been with severe migraines, vertigo, and huge drops in my blood pressure. Several tests and doctor appointments haven’t explained it. Two weeks ago, I decided it wasn’t going to beat me. Despite the pain, I began exercising. The first day, I paid with even worse migraines. But I persevered. When the enemy saw I wasn’t going to back down, he moved on to something else. This time, it was old lies that shake me to the core.

I’ve been hiding my fears, afraid someone will tell me they’re not lies, but truth. But I’m not hiding any longer! The enemy likes to tell me I’m a bad mom and I’m going to screw up my kids. Due to traumatic events from both childhood and in my late teen years, I was in counseling a long time. Unfortunately, a counselor once told me history would repeat itself and the ugliness that I experienced would be felt by my kids. That’s a major factor in why we put off having kids for so long. Even though I’ve battled the fear – the lie – of being a bad mom, and often thought I’d put it to rest, it seems to rear its ugly head when I’ve been weakened by something else (migraines and vertigo, in this case). But God is good! This morning, as I listened to King of My Heart, I heard Steffany Gertzinger say, “The only thing in my entire life greater than my fears was my conviction…I knew He was who He said He was… Sometimes we sing something because we believe it, because we’re sure. And sometimes we sing it until we’re sure, until we know.”

Good: excelling in any aspect; distinguished.

The truth is, I’m a good mom because I have a good Heavenly Father, who is teaching me, by example, how to be the best mom to my girls. And I have a wonderful husband, who battles on my behalf, against these lies and for me to walk in the truth. I also have wonderful friends who pray for and remind me of God’s truth.

My prayer for you, is that whatever lies have been plaguing your life will be squashed, today! That you’d battle on, reminding yourself that God is good, and He called you on purpose, for His specific purposes. I pray you’d remember that your future in Him far outshines anything in your past, and that even though the past may have been traumatic, He’ll use all things for your good and His glory. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
©Heather Potts 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment