Saturday, December 22, 2018

Influencers


Winter Snow ~ Audrey Assad 

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. ~ John 3:17 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/jhn.3.17.ESV

My favorite time of the day is my morning quiet time with God. I typically get up while the house is still quite to have my alone time. But one morning, my girls wanted to spend time with God, in my space. At first, I was annoyed, because they were encroaching on my time and space. But later, God showed me that it was a blessing and an honor – my girls were learning about God through me, because of me. They wanted to spend time with God, just like they saw Mommy doing.

Today, you may be working in a field, serving at your church or in your community, or even raising your kids because of what you saw your parents or grandparents doing. Today’s scripture reminds us that Jesus came to save the world – a mission He learned and received from His Father. Whether we realize it or not, we are world changers, influencing others. Some of them already know God, and you’re just encouraging them to draw closer. But to others, you are a light in their darkness. They haven’t been able to find their way, but God is drawing them out through the light He’s placed within you.

As you read the words today, ask God to use you to lead those you influence closer to Him. After all, as God’s kids, we’re on the same mission as our Father.
©Heather Potts 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment