Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Promised Hope


Promises ~ Sanctus Real

For this is how much God loved the world—he gave his one and only, unique Son as a gift.  So now everyone who believes in him will never perish but experience everlasting life. ~ John 3:16 TPT
https://www.bible.com/verse-of-the-day/JHN.3.16/2929?version=1849

This scripture has always been in my heart. I'm sure it's because it's the first one I memorized in Sunday School as a child. It's a verse most Christians know. It's the reason we can call ourselves Christ-followers, but also the greatest promise as one. Eternal life. Life everlasting. These are the words of the promise of hope.

When do we need hope? Everyday! When we watch the news, when life is hard, and when heaven receives another loved one. The night before last, heaven received Brad's grandma. She was a sweet lady who will be missed on earth. And as we grieve and mourn the loss, we can also cling to the promised hope.

Father, I won't lie, loss hurts! It hurts because the one loved-one is gone, but also because it reminds us of those we lost previously. But even as I type these words, Holy Spirit reminds me they are not lost, but found, and held up in His love. Thank you, Father, for loving us so much, that You gave us the promise of hope through Your Son. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen. 
©Heather Potts 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment