Friday, December 6, 2019

Believe Only


This is a Move ~ Brandon Lake and Tasha Cobbs

But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole. ~ Luke 8:50 KJV

Do you believe in miracles?

Around the end of August, God laid a friend on my heart, so I reached out to her. Two weeks later, after no reply, I reached out again, because she was still heavy on my heart. After two more attempts, I called someone who lived nearby. Though 1500 miles separated us, I knew I needed to reach her. When I finally heard back from her, I discovered why. My friend was battling stage 4 cancer – her 5th bout with cancer – alone.

I felt scared for my friend and knew we needed reinforcements. After praying, I reached out to those who know her…and many who don't. As brothers and sisters in Christ, we prayed for and encouraged my friend. And God did what only God can do: a miracle!

Three months after God first pressed me for my friend, she told me the doctors can't find any cancer anywhere in her body and chemo has been suspended indefinitely!

In Luke 8:41, Jairus, a synagogue ruler whose daughter was dying, fell at Jesus' feet to plead for his daughter's healing. When Jairus and Jesus arrived at the house, many said it's hopeless, as she'd already died. But Jesus pushed aside their doubt and, to Jairus, said, "Fear not. Believe only." Are you in need of a healing touch, a life revived, a relationship made whole, a miracle? Jesus says to you, "Fear not. I AM here. It may not look the way or in the timing you think. But only believe that I will make it whole."
©Heather Potts 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment