Sunday, January 5, 2020

Breathe. Remember.


Never Lost ~ Elevation Worship

O God, when You went forth before Your people, when You marched through the wilderness–Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! ~ Psalm 68:7 AMPC

Has hard news ever slammed into you? How did you overcome the overwhelming feelings?

Over the past few days, Psalm 68:7 was the focus of my reading. It was as though Holy Spirit wouldn't let me read past that verse, though I didn't know why. Was there a lesson I needed to realize? Saturday night, I received the answer when we heard upsetting news about a loved one. At first, I blew off the emotions. Later, however, my emotions felt like a pool about to burst and I cried. 

After my tears, however, I took a breath, and I began remembering all the times and trials the Lord brought us through to victory. Why did this have to be any different? The truth is, it's not. God is no respecter of persons. What He did for one, He'll do for another, including healing and protection!

What are you facing, already this year? I'm sure the enemy hasn't wasted any time telling you to be afraid. Today, instead of looking at what might happen, consider a new tactic. David said, "Come and hear, all you who reverently and worshipfully fear God, and I will declare what He has done for me!" (Psalm 66:16 AMPC). Now is the time to remind yourself of all the times God has helped you overcome. Recall the victories He's brought forth in your life. Remember the times He went to battle for, walked ahead of, and marched into the wilderness for you.  

Today, don't focus on the news. Instead, breathe deeply and remember the goodness and faithfulness of God, who loves you!
Heather Potts 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment