Thursday, January 2, 2020

Makin' Plans


Be Still ~ Red Rocks Worship

We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps. ~ Proverbs 16:9 NLT

I enjoy New Year's Resolutions, Vision Boards, and making plans. If there's one thing the past decade has taught me, though, it's to be pressed into God to ensure that my plans are His.

My initial plans didn't include moving to Florida. My secondary plans didn't include returning. God had other plans. 
Our plans were never for me to work when either of our girls were little. God had other plans.
Our plans didn't include hardships, hurts, sicknesses, or losses. With a word, God could have caused us to bypass all of it, versus grow through it. While God didn't cause the hurt, His desire is for us to grow in and closer to Him. I guess our plans didn't include real growth. Fortunately, God had other plans.

God has surrounded us with many wise people. He encourages us to walk with, learn from, and even share our stories with them. It's through the sharing of our lives that our faith is strengthened and stretched, causing us to grow. 

God has many wonderful things He wants to share with us. As we envision dreams, make plans, and set goals, let's be sure make room for God's plans, even if it means laying down our own, remembering that the best course for our lives is His.
©Heather Potts 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment