Friday, March 13, 2020

Not in Toilet Paper


The Blessing ~ Kari Jobe & Cody Carnes

They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord. ~ Psalms 112:7 NIVUK

I remember when we were serving on Prayer Team at our church's west campus, in Florida. My favorite part of the mornings we were serving was getting there early to pray over the chairs, while the Worship Team rehearsed. We would pray that the Lord would soften the hearts of those who would be sitting in those chairs, that they would hear what God had to say. We would pray for the pastor, that the words in the message wouldn't be his words, but God's. When we had finished praying, we would just worship, soaking up the presence of God.

Today, there is a lot of panic over what the future may (or may not) hold. There is a run on hand sanitizer and toilet paper. While I really hope there's toilet paper available when I need it, my hope is not in toilet paper. Nor is it in a job or a circumstance. My hope is in the God who knows what I need, long before I do. My hope is in the God who walked His people through the water on dry ground. My hope is in the God who sacrificed His own Son, who died on a cross, to save me, and to save you.

Today, I don't know what you're facing. I don't know the full scope of your circumstances. But I do know that God is still on the Throne and He has a plan for you, because He loves you. In the middle of whatever you're facing or dealing with today, take some time to enter His presence. Let the fear just melt away and just be with the One who loves you.

Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. ~ Psalm 20:7 NIV
©Heather Potts 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment