Monday, March 23, 2020

Of His Pasture


My God ~ (feat. Amanda Cook) Caves

Oh come, let us worship and bow down;
Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.
For He 
is our God,
And we 
are the people of His pasture,
And the sheep of His hand…
~ Psalm 95:6-7 NKJV

Has it been a long, full, and/or crazy week? It has been for us. Not bad, just long, full, and a bit crazy. Today felt a little overwhelming. Again, not bad, but cumulatively, it left me feeling heavy. Many afternoons, I find things to "do." But today, I purposed to "do" nothing, except be in my Father's presence. Why is it that purposing to spend time with Him changes everything?

The Psalms have the answer. Psalm 23 says, "Jehovah is my shepherd, I shall not want." Psalms 95 says we are His people and under His care. Psalm 100 says He made us, and we are His. Like an author knows her book and an artist knows his design, the Lord designed and created us, and therefore, knows exactly what we need.

Dear child of God, if you are in need, run to your Father; He is all you need. Jehovah-Jireh is your provider. Jehovah-Rophe is the God who heals you. Jehovah-Shalom is your peace. Jehovah-Rohi is your shepherd, tending to your needs. There is not a circumstance or problem He did not foresee or that took Him by surprise. If you are in need, run to the One who holds you in the palms of His hands. There, will He care for and cover you.

Even to your old age, I am He,
And even to gray hairs I will carry you!
I have made, and I will bear;
Even I will carry, and will deliver you.
~ Isaiah 46:4 NKJV
©Heather Potts 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment