Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Keep Going


Jesus What a Savior ~ Housefires

When I’m afraid, I put my trust in you. ~ Psalm 56:3 NIRV

Yesterday's whining was about how tired Elizabeth's little legs were as she desperately tried to keep up with her older sister. I took the girls on a bike ride and let Elizabeth set the pace most of the way, so that she could make it home. But once Savannah took the lead, as expected, she left Elizabeth in the dust. There were multiple times that Elizabeth said, "I can't make it. I'm too tired." I felt badly for her, but said, "Unfortunately, the only way to get home is to keep going." She’d say OK, but would tell me, about every half block, how tired she was, and I’d have to tell her that the only way to get there was to keep going.

Isn’t that what Holy Spirit does with us? Whether it’s a season of quarantine, looking for a job, working to restore a broken relationship, or struggling through an illness and treatment, when the finish line feels ever elusive, it can be hard to keep going. But that’s when we’re encouraged and challenged to stay the course.

Fear constantly offers us an “easier” way: “You’re too tired and can’t make it. Stop now to save what little strength you have left.” But Jesus, who overcame fear and death, reminds us that, in Him, we do have what it takes: “You’re more than a conqueror! Through me, you have the victory! Keep going! Be steadfast and immovable from this course,” (Romans 8:37; 1 Corinthians 15:57-58).

Whatever you’re facing today, put your trust in God and keep following Him all the way to the finish line!
©Heather Potts 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment