Monday, August 17, 2020

One Blessing After Another


Jericho Song ~ Rend Co. Kids

For out of His fullness [the superabundance of His grace and truth] we have all received grace upon grace [spiritual blessing upon spiritual blessing, favor upon favor, and gift heaped upon gift]. ~ John 1:16 AMP

When I sat down in church, yesterday, I could feel the weight of the burdens I’d been carrying. As worship began, I sank to my knees, feeling too heavy to stand. But as the band sang, everything around me disappeared, and I was in the presence of my Father. As His song ministered to me, the rush of His love dispelled the burdens and replaced them with His joy. Then, not only could I stand, I danced!

After church, I was handed an envelope. I opened it before driving home. I was so excited to see who had left me a card! It was filled with quotes about how God uses lessons and struggles to bless us, but also blesses us because He loves us. It was signed only “from a lady at RVC.”

The card, along with a gift card, also included John 1:16: From the fullness of His grace, we have all received one blessing after another.
Favor upon favor. Spiritual blessing upon spiritual blessing. Gift heaped upon gift.
These promises from God aren’t necessarily material. Just as I’d already experienced, out of God’s fullness—full to overflowing—we have all received grace upon grace. As I sat, marveling at this wonderful gift, I wondered who’d left it for me. After thinking of some possibilities, I finally realized it was given, through a woman, from God to me: Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights… (James 1:17 NKJV).

If your life feels heavy, then today’s a good day to hit the floor in worship of your God. And if life is overflowing with His goodness, then today is a great day to dance in worship of your God. Regardless of your circumstances, remember Who is on your side! It’s out of His fullness that we’ve all received one blessing after another.
©Heather Potts 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment