Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Don't Quit

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIGV3ms_9eM

Worthy of It All ~ Bethany Wohrle


...let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus… ~ Hebrews 12:1-2 NIV


When you’re running your race but cannot see the ending, you’re in danger of quitting too soon.


For the past two weeks, Brad has been battling a double ear and sinus infection. He has been in horrible pain. He felt like his left eye was being pushed out of his head, causing darkness on one side of his eye’s peripheral vision, and double vision on the other side. To help him, we’ve been praying; he's seen his doctor, and he’s taken essential oils and antibiotics. 


Last night, as we were drifting off to sleep, I prayed for him, again, outloud. Then, in my spirit, I asked God if it was handled. I know I heard God say, “Yes.” My night’s sleep was rather bumpy, but each time I would awaken, I would pray and praise, as “Worthy of It All” played in my spirit. Then this morning, Brad burst through the bedroom door. I jolted out of bed when he said his eye popped! I am relieved to say his eye is fine. He meant the tear duct in his left eye, which had been plugged, popped. He could see perfectly and ALL the pressure was GONE! PRAISE JESUS!


Though those days were long, it was only 12 days. Some of my friends have been waiting on God’s answers for years. Sometimes, when we’ve been in the trenches for so long, we can lose sight of what we’re fighting for and tend to focus only on what’s right before us. That’s why we’re told to fix our eyes on Jesus. Not only is Jesus our Finish Line, but He’s also our Victory, our Hope, and our Help. With Jesus before us, and Holy Spirit constantly by our side, we cannot fail if we don’t quit. Our job is just to take one more step, and then another. Then, before we know it, with our eyes fixed on Christ, we’ll be running towards Victory, empowered by His strength.


If you’ve been waiting on an answer from God, whether it’s been days or years, don’t quit! Just take another step, keeping your eyes fixed on Christ.

©Heather Potts 2021

1 comment: