Monday, October 18, 2021

Lifted Hands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8uKldEUrPE

House of the Lord ~ Phil Wickham


Because Your loving-kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You... I will lift up my hands in Your name. ~ Psalm 63:3-4 AMPC


In his book, “Give It All to Him,” Max Lucado shares the story of a group of people whose bodies ached and were bowed under the weight of the baggage they carried. Each carried his own - not wanting it, but unable to get rid of it. Then one day, they saw someone they knew, except he no longer had his bags. He stood upright and looked...free! He told them, “The Trashman took my bags -  all of them! And he’ll take yours, too, if you’ll give them to him.” Curious, the group followed the crowd toward the trash heap, where the Trashman stood atop, accepting each person’s bags. They saw the agony in His face and the toll it took on His body, and still He asked for each bag. When it was the next person’s turn, she struggled. She wanted to be free, but not cause agony to an innocent man. Then, the Trashman looked at her with love in his eyes and asked, “Will you give it to Me?”


Jesus asks the same of us. Not just once, but each time we pick up the bags. And when the enemy uses people to hurt us, and heaps bags of pain and shame upon our shoulders, Jesus loves us and says, “That’s not yours. Will you give it to Me?” That’s what He said to me. And, just like the man in the story, when you drop the bags and cast off the shame, you can feel the difference! The joy bubbles inside, bursting to break free and worship the Lord!


Father, I pray for those who are carrying bags, today, who are weighed down by things they were never meant to carry. Whether they have never known You or have walked with You for many years, Jesus, I pray that today they’d accept freedom. In the Name of Jesus Christ, I command that the voice of the enemy be silenced! No more will he convince people that they must carry these bags, believing they’re stuck with them because of what they did, or because they picked them up, again. Jesus, shut down and silence every lying tongue! Let only Your voice be heard, Lord. Let only Your offer be received. Let today be the day people would drop their bags, and lift their hands and lives in freedom and praise! In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen!


So I have looked upon You in the sanctuary to see Your power and Your glory. Because Your loving-kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. So will I bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My whole being shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips ~ Psalm 63:2‭-‬5 AMPC

©Heather Potts 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment