Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Gaining Insider Information

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOgYFwFemB0&list=RDMOgYFwFemB0&start_radio=1&rv=MOgYFwFemB0&t=5

Better Word ~ Leland 


But if any of you needs wisdom, you should ask God for it. God is generous. He enjoys giving to all people, so God will give you wisdom. ~ James 1:5 ICB


Thank God He’s generous!


I heard the girls say they needed me, as they changed into pjs. Since I was doing laundry, I assumed they were “out of” something. But they wanted to show me some dark reddish/purplish marks on Elizabeth’s chest. It clearly bothered the girls to see them, so I tried to remain calm, even as I peppered Elizabeth with questions: Did you fall? Run into something? What did you do during recess? None of her answers explained the marks. Since it wasn’t causing her any discomfort, I said we’d watch it...for now.


Do you know that we serve a generous God? He’s so generous that even a plea or thought of, “God, I need You in this,” is enough to get an answer, to gain “insider information.” Later, while checking the girls’ room to ensure I had all the dirty laundry, I found Elizabeth’s shirt from that day...with a reddish/purplish stain. I told Elizabeth to see if the marks would wash off… They turned out to be paint. While it was both a huge sigh of relief and a bit funny, that moment was a great reminder of the generous heart of God.


James 1:5 says God is generous and will give wisdom to everyone, liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding. Though we found a quick fix, not everything is that easily solvable. But in the weeks when the sickness and pain linger, when your body acts in ways that aren’t normal for you, when your kid is acting up, or even when the money runs out before the month, we can ask God for help--for wisdom--and expect to receive a generous amount!


What questions do you have, in what areas do you need help, in which situations do you need God’s wisdom? Ask our generous Father who enjoys giving us wisdom.

©Heather Potts 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment