Friday, January 28, 2022

Tell Me Your Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TKAN-nAsu8

My Story ~ Big Daddy Weave

 

 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. ~ Matthew 11:28 NKJV

 

After talking with other women, I’ve realized that we’re all struggling to find our “drive” again: to keep our houses in order, exercise, meal plan, get together, and/or study our Bibles. The enemy was cunning and convinced us all it was a “just me” scenario. We each blamed different things, but after learning the truth, it’s obviously a spiritual attack. Fortunately, we have the “recipe” to win: fight this spirit with an opposite spirit.

 

About 6 years ago, I struggled to remain in the sanctuary of our church. Though nothing had changed, everything seemed to scream at me to leave. When I took my struggle to my pastor, he told me to begin worshipping Jesus before I even began my walk toward the sanctuary. He said the only way to fight this kind of attack was with an opposite spirit. After two Sundays of doing it, I never had that issue again.

 

How do we approach this attack? If unrest is the issue, then rest is the answer. Not sleeping but resting in the arms of Jesus. We get back to that place by falling in love, again.

 

Tell me your story. When and how did you fall in love with Jesus? Which verses drew you to His heart? Even if you fell away, what drew to Him, again? Was it a worship song that reminded you of His love and faithfulness? Whatever it was, go back to it. Spend time just enjoying those songs, verses, and time with your Savior, again.

 

You fight hell fire with Holy fire, unrest with rest, dryness with refreshing springs, and anger with love. This is a fight, one that Jesus has equipped you to win. If you don’t know where to start, then tell me your story. When did you fall in love with Jesus?

©Heather Potts 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment