Saturday, May 7, 2011

In His Palms

He walks with me and He talks with me and He tells me I am His own. And the joy we share as we tarry we there, none other has ever known. ~ He Walks with Me

Living down the road from the Methodist church playing its bells is so nice, as they often play hymns that I grew up signing. This morning was especially precious to me because they were playing my grandma's favorite hymn, "He Walks with Me."

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and my grandma is in heaven and my mom is 1500 miles away. And when I might otherwise feel lonesome, my God says to me, "I am with you." In his sermon last week, Pastor Alex said that I am God's happy thought; I am God's daughter and He is my very proud Daddy. Scripture tells me that, "the Lord will hold me close," (Psalm 27:10), and that He says, "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hand," (Isaiah 49:16). This scripture describes where and how He holds me. In the palms of our hands is where we nurture. It's where we hold newborns and where we rock them to sleep. When our loved ones need comfort, it's where we hold them close.

God loves us so much that He always has us close and He always surrounds us with His love. If you have your mother or grandmother with you this Mother's Day, be sure to hold her close. And whether you do or don't have her close to you, know that God is always with you and He is doting on you and He is always holding you close.

You have enclosed me behind and before, and you laid your hand upon me. ~ Psalm 139:5

1 comment:

  1. This is such a lovely, warming reminder of his love and presence.

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete