Wednesday, May 4, 2011

No If's About It

If: in the event that, whether, either, [or] whichever~Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I was listening to a sermon by Pastor Justin Dailey, on the book, Sun Stand Still. In his sermon, Pastor Justin spoke about praying boldly and he said that praying the prayer, "if it be Your will" is an opt-out clause for our faith. He said that if we are in God's Word, then we know His will. I started thinking about when Jesus was in Gethsemane and He said, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me," (Luke 22:42). But Jesus didn't stop there, because He knew God's will, so He said, "yet not my will but yours be done." In fact, even from a small child Jesus said, "I must be about my Father's business," (Luke 2:49).

God reveals His Word and His promises to us because He wants us to pray bold prayers and see His promises become reality. He wants us to take a stand upon faith and declare, "I know the promises You made for me and I'm believing for them and I will have nothing less." That's what Joshua did. God told Joshua, "Do not be afraid of [the Amorites]; I have given them into your hands. Not one of them will be able to withstand you," (Joshua 10:8). On the day of battle, when it seemed as though the sun would set before God's promise was fulfilled, Joshua, in front of all the Israelites, boldly prayed to God, "O sun, stand still," (v 12).

If we are to see the promises of God fulfilled in our lives, then we need to begin to declare the promises of God over our lives. Don't let the world wash over you by choosing "whatever" to happen. Walk by faith, not by sight, and live in amazing victory.

So the sun stood still...till the nation avenged itself on its enemies. ~ Joshua 10:13

No comments:

Post a Comment