Monday, February 18, 2013

Cast All Your Cares


Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. ~ Psalm 139:23

It’s easy to say “I trust God” and “I’m not anxious at all” when you’re not waiting for anything.  Just a few days in on waiting on God to move and I found myself mentally pacing (it’s more exhausting to pace in your mind than to pace the floor).  But then each night as I put my daughter to bed, I sing to her a song about casting her cares on the Lord.  If I’m going to teach my little one to give up all her anxious thoughts and burdens to the Lord, shouldn’t I start by first exemplifying what I’m telling her to do?

Thank you, Father God for sending me a reminder of how my life should be lived in such a cute and cuddly package like my daughter.  Help me to teach her to follow after you by first living out that example in my own life.  And Father, help me to remember that my shoulders are not big enough to carry all that the world wants to pile upon them, but yours are.  Thank you, Lord.  It’s in Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. ~ 1 Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment