Friday, July 28, 2017

Butt Co

Taste and see that the LORD is good.
Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!
~ Psalm 34:8 NLT

The second day of our move to Wisconsin was crazy! Not too far into our drive, our rental truck was acting up, so we pulled off the highway and waited for the mechanic to help us. Somehow the truck reset itself and we were fine. But a few miles down the road, the same thing happened and we pulled off again. This time, it would take a mechanic 89 minutes to get to us. During our long wait, I tried to take the girls to a playground across a 6-lane highway, but I turned wrong. Unfortunately, by the time we got there and went to the bathroom, Brad was ready and we had to leave, because we wanted to get through the major cities on Sunday.

Twenty miles later, we were tensely driving through heavy Atlanta traffic. And then hours later, we began traveling through the Tennessee mountains. I could feel the tension in my whole body, as I worried about Brad driving the huge truck up the mountains. As I looked at the cliffs on either side, I said, “I need a scripture to bring me peace.” And Holy Spirit reminded me of Psalm 34:8, which is often interpreted as experiencing God’s goodness. Because of His Word, my perspective changed. Instead of being intimidated and fearful by my surroundings, I enjoyed the beauty and was awed and inspired by all that I saw. A little while later, as we sat in a traffic jam, I was reminded of the sign I had seen just before we’d had the truck issues. It was then that I realized we had just entered Butt County, Georgia when all the truck issues began. I laughed so hard—a much needed release.

Don’t you just love how the story of your day changes when you see it through the heart of the Lord?

Holy Spirit changed my day, attitude, and outlook, simply by reminding me to experience the goodness of the Lord. What’s going on in your life that needs a change of perspective? Ask the Lord to help you experience His goodness and joy, even in the middle of Butt County.
©Heather Potts 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment