Sunday, December 3, 2017

Everything

“The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!” ~ Lamentations 3:24 NKJV

After our pastor’s message today, I asked, what is a “portion”?

"Portion" is an inheritance. If the Lord is my inheritance, then EVERYTHING He has I will receive. But what does the Lord have? He has the cattle on a thousand hills, all the birds, animals, and mountains, (Psalm 50:10-12). The Lord has EVERYTHING. Therefore, I need nothing because He is my portion; He is my everything. 

To "hope" is to wait with GREAT expectation. The enemy is so good at telling me that I am less than, that I am not, and that I have not. But the Bible says that I have not because I ask not, (James 4:2). But when I do ask, to keep on asking, to believe that I have received it, and to rejoice as if it were already mine, (Matthew 7:7; Mark 11:24; Psalm 119:162).

It's true that God is not a genie and not all my wants are His desires for my life. But it's also true that sometimes His lack of answer is not "no." Sometimes it's "not now." God's timing and planning are perfect, which is why we have great reason to "wait with GREAT expectation."

I've written a book. Actually, God wrote it through me, and I can't even begin to imagine how He will use it for His glory. But when I asked how He wanted me to publish it, He was very specific. Thus far, He hasn't seen fit to publish His book. But during a recent "random conversation," someone completely unconnected talked about one of the key missing elements, (the way to get the money needed). And that one conversation reminded me that God is my inheritance and in Him I will wait with GREAT expectation.

What are you in need of; what promise are you waiting for God to fulfill in your life? Declare to the enemy, as well as yourself: God is my portion and I will hope in Him! 

©Heather Potts 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment