Tuesday, January 1, 2019

New Year Blessings


When You Believe ~ Whitney Houston ft. Mariah Carey

The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps. ~ Proverbs 16:9 ESV

I took some time, yesterday, to review 2018 and realized that as hard as the year was, God's blessings were as numerous, and His promises stronger. I won't take you through our whole year, but I hope this one story touches you.

Sunday, December 30th started out as any other. After the church service, we ran into Elizabeth’s 4K teacher and asked her to keep an eye on Elizabeth. We’ve been concerned that our “new schedule” will take a toll on the girls. Brad’s new job begins at 5am. With having only one car, the girls and I have been getting up at 4:40am to drive him there. For the first few days, the girls went back to sleep for 60-90 minutes before having to get up for school. But the last day, no one went back to sleep. Elizabeth’s teacher promised to let us know.

After getting the girls, we went to get our coats, but Brad stopped to chat with someone. I got the coats and waited as he finished. After a few minutes, Brad and the other man made their way to where I was waiting. Brad looked at the other man and said, “Tell my wife what you just told me.” The man said, “I have a truck and I’ve been praying for God to show me who to give it to. I heard you had a need and wanted to give you my truck.”

Who says that! How did he know?

Brad and I both cried in the church foyer! The man said he and his family are leaving to be missionaries and we could pay him—if we wanted and could afford it—or not. As it turns out, I received a year-end bonus and had been praying about how God wanted us to use it. It certainly wasn’t enough for a new car. But with God, nothing is impossible!

Of all the promises God gave me in 2018, this one stands out: This is God’s year to act! (Luke 4:19 MSG). I pray that your 2019 is filled with blessings more numerous and promises stronger than any challenge you may face.
©Heather Potts 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment