Monday, February 4, 2019

Even an Ugly Light


Grace So Glorious ~ Elevation Worship

being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ ~ Philippians 1:6 NKJV

Insecurities.
We all have them. I find it ironic that when I’m walking closer with God and gaining victory in one area, the devil always shines a light on an area that needs work. And I feel overwhelmed and defeated.

But then I remember my promises: “Blessed is the [one] who trusts God, whose trust is in the Lord. Love…always trusts,” (Jeremiah 17:7 ESV; 1 Corinthians 13:7 NIV). The devil’s ugly light shining on my insecurities is part of trust. Intimacy, the result of trust, means I don’t have any secrets or any areas I withhold. This is especially true of intimacy with my Father God. Romans 8:28 says God uses all things for the good of those who love Him. The devil’s ugly light is part of “all things.” But God doesn’t use it to shame me. Instead, He holds out His hand and says, “Dearest one, don’t be afraid. I’m going to walk you through this. The closer you walk with Me, the less this will affect you. Allow My majesty to fill in those empty places, until you aren’t bothered by them anymore. Then you will stand empowered, defeating the enemy where he stands.”

Don’t let insecurities claim you any longer. Start, right now, by opening your hand and giving the pain, hurt, and lies to Father God. Watch as your trust in Father God blesses your life with victory, freedom, and intimacy with Him.
©Heather Potts 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment