Sunday, January 10, 2021

Ready for a Change?

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwX1f2gYKZ4&list=RDKwX1f2gYKZ4&start_radio=1

Graves into Gardens ~ Elevation Worship ft. Brandon Lake

 

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgement and personal discipline [abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control]. ~ 2 Timothy 1:7 AMP

 

Recently, I’ve been trying to push myself to form some new habits. Mainly, I’ve been trying to be as brave as my friends and relatives who walk (and run) during winter…outside… I’ve always hated being cold, but I also hate feeling trapped inside my house all winter. I conferred with the winter-runners and asked how to do this outside-cold-thing. After getting some tips, I realized the only other thing holding me back was…me. So last Thursday, I took myself for a 5-mile walk in the beautiful winter wonderland that God has given us.

 

One of the many promises from God is that He’s given us a spirit of sound judgement and personal discipline. The precursor to any action is a thought. If I continue to tell myself that I hate winter and the cold, then my only option is being stuck inside for 3 to 5 months each year. That doesn’t sound fun or healthy. On the other hand, as I choose better thoughts, I will choose better actions, which will become healthier and more beneficial habits.

 

At this time of year, most people are making New Year’s resolutions. What change do you want to see happen in your life? What goal do you want to achieve this year? It all starts with our thoughts. Let’s make 2021 the year that we exercise the spirit of sound judgement and personal discipline and watch as our lives are transformed through the renewing of our minds.

 

And do not be conformed to this world [any longer with its superficial values and customs], but be transformed and progressively changed [as you mature spiritually] by the renewing of your mind [focusing on godly values and ethical attitudes], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His plan and purpose for you]. ~ Romans 12:2 AMP

©Heather Potts 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment