Thursday, March 18, 2021

Follow the Light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzQpptEdivA

Let the Light In ~ Cody Carnes

 

Once more Jesus addressed the crowd. He said, “I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.” ~ John 8:12 AMP

 

Yesterday morning, a sweet friend gave me a cute plant…but it was in desperate need of some love. My friend looked at me apologetically and said, “I swear it was alive when I bought it.” I smiled and thanked her for the gift. Later, when I was leaving work, someone else spotted my plant and said, “Oh, it’s a shamrock.” I smiled, not knowing anything about plants. She explained that it looked droopy because it wasn’t in the sun but said that as soon as the sun shone on it, it would come to life, again.

 

It’s interesting how much we’re like that plant. Without His Presence and a constant connection to God and His Spirit, we begin to wither and fade. But immediately, upon entering His Presence, we’re revived, and our Spirit is renewed by His!

 

If these have been some dark and dreary days for you, it’s time to let the light in—the Light of life. Let Him shine in you, as you are refreshed, renewed, and revived. Then, let Him shine through you, as you share His great love and mercies with others.

 

“I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.” ~ Isaiah 42:6-7 NIV

©Heather Potts 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment