Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Over a Salad?

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuS9T3yXPWo

I Will Not Be Moved ~ Natalie Grant

 

When the Philistine rose and came forward to meet David, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet the Philistine. ~ 1 Samuel 17:48 AMP

 

One of my favorite Christian speakers is Graham Cooke. He told the story of how he and his wife knew God was calling them to move but didn’t know where. They visited several cities, but none was right. Then, when stopping over for lunch in Santa Barbara, California, Graham got a “warfare” headache. Knowing it wasn’t a migraine, he addressed the devil directly: “Seriously? You’re attacking me over a salad on State Street? What are you so afraid of that you’re attacking me over a salad?” As weird as that may sound, has it ever happened to you?

 

Yesterday was a bit rough for me. Not awful, but it definitely caught me off-guard. Toward the end of the day, Brad texted and asked if we were going to life group, as there were complications with going. At first, I said we would stay home, but as soon as I said it, I felt a difference in my spirit and knew it was the wrong call. So, I decided we’d go, because I could tell the enemy didn’t want me to and I was curious as to why.

 

1 Samuel 17 tells the story of David and Goliath. The Israelites, upon seeing Goliath and hearing his threats, were terrified and lost all hope. But God sent a warrior who would rise up against this against this enemy and defeat him. Though Saul and the rest of the Israelite soldiers doubted, David said he wasn’t afraid. Then, after declaring the promise of the Lord’s deliverance over the Philistines, Goliath advanced toward David to strike him down. But David did the unexpected: He ran out to meet him.

 

I don’t know what struggles you are facing or what things are trying to hold you back, but instead of giving up, let’s run out to meet them and find out why the devil is working so hard to get us to quit. My guess is, it has little to do with you, personally, and much more to do with those God wants to reach through you.

©Heather Potts 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment