Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Able to do All

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us ~ Ephesians 3:20


A lot of times this verse is talked about regarding financial provision, but God doesn't use the word "all" sparingly. When God's Word says He is able to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or imagine, according to His power, He means more than just money. All includes health and healing for your body and your family; the best marriage you can imagine; kids who are happy, healthy, and living out their dreams for God's glory; a career that is fulfilling, satisfying, edifies others, and more than covers the bills. When God says all, He means everything!


This morning, on my way to work, I heard a woman tell a story about how she read this scripture over herself as she prayed to God, calling Him on His Word. You see, she'd been given a 20% chance to live after being hit by a car. She knew that her God was able and she called Him on it. Today, she alive, healthy, and getting ready to run a marathon with TobyMac (www.thejoyfm.com/asheard/2010-03-09)! My God is able, too. When all hope was lost, and I didn't know where to turn, I turned to the cross. I asked my God to fill me up with a love for my husband again. That was three years ago. Last year was the best year of our marriage and I fully expect this year to be even better than the last.


What do you need God to do in your life? Do you need a healing? Are you struggling in your marriage? Are your finances not making ends meet? Do you feel alone and abandoned in this world? Call on the Lord, for He meant it when He said He is able. Not only is He able, but He is willing. Call on Him today and see Him move in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment