Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ready?

Are you ready to be expanded beyond recognition? ~ Day 20, Awake21.org

A prayer that I've had--that many others have brought to the altar--is that I want to make sure I'm walking God's path, that I don't step off to the left or to the right when He wants me to go straight. Like the Israelites were under God's cloud cover and only moved when He moved and stayed when He stayed, I want my walk to be like that, only moving when and where God directs, (see Numbers 9:15-23).

This has been a heavy burden on my heart for some time. I even remember last April, Pastor Randy said, "Lord, don't let me mess up what you want to do in my life." That's been my heart's desire, too. But it became more than a desire; it became an overwhelming worry, that I would mess up God's plans and I'd miss the opportunities that He had for me. Then I was having lunch with one of my best friends yesterday and she said that she could spend her time worrying that she would mess things up or miss opportunities. Or, she could live the best that she knew how, praying and listening for God's voice and trusting that He would take care of the details.

This morning I was reading the daily devotional for the 20th day of our time of prayer and fasting and it was talking about how new wine is not put into old wineskin, but rather into new wineskin, because it would expand and not break under the pressure. It said, "God's new wine always changes us by expanding our faith, enlarging our purpose, and bringing renewed vision." But it asked the question, "Are you ready to be expanded beyond recognition?" If my desire, my longing is to be used by God, to be expanded by recognition, then I need to move myself--my worries, my fears, and even my perception of how I think my dreams will be made reality--out of the way so that I don't mess up what God wants to do in my life.

God I'm ready to be used by You, for Your purpose and Your glory. I'm trusting that You know what You're doing and will do so in my life to bring You all the praise and glory You deserve. Thank you, Father God, for choosing me to be a vessel for Your glory. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

I'm ready now. Do what you will. ~ Ready Now, Desperation Band

No comments:

Post a Comment